For most e-commerce brands, email marketing can be the single-most profitable marketing channel. It can be the driving force behind repeat sales, improve efficiency on new customer acquisition, and maximize customer lifetime value (LTV).
But with so many different types of email campaigns out there, it can be difficult to know where to start.
To help you get started, we’ve put together a list of 10 email marketing campaigns that have been proven to drive sales and increase revenue for ecommerce businesses.
- Welcome Emails: The first impression your brand makes on a new subscriber is important. Welcome emails have some of the highest open rates and can set the tone for a positive relationship with your customer.
- Abandoned Cart Emails: Customers abandon their shopping carts for various reasons. Sending a timely abandoned cart email reminding them of their abandoned items, and potentially offering a discount or promotion, can help drive them back to complete their purchase.
- Post-Purchase Follow-Up Emails: Send a follow-up email after a customer makes a purchase to thank them for their business, ask for feedback, and potentially offer related products or promotions.
- Winback Emails: Win back lapsed customers with a targeted re-engagement campaign that offers promotions or incentives to return to your store.
- Upsell/Cross-sell Emails: Suggest related or complementary products to customers based on their purchase history or browsing behavior to increase their overall order value.
- Delivery Notification/About My Order Emails
- Browse Abandonment Emails
- Discount Offer Flows
- Referral Campaigns: Encourage your customers to refer their friends and family with a referral campaign that rewards both the referrer and the new customer with discounts or promotions.
- Birthday/Anniversary Emails: If you have the data point – use it! Celebrate your customers’ special occasions with personalized emails offering exclusive discounts or promotions.
By incorporating these email campaigns into your marketing strategy, you can drive sales, build customer loyalty, and increase revenue for your ecommerce business. Don't forget to continually test and optimize your campaigns for the best results.
Book a call today!
read more on our case studies page
Explore more findings from other e-commerce merchants in the world of Meta, Google, Tik Tok, email/SMS and more!
Explore case studies.
more from our blog
We are a fully remote team and as you can imagine, there’s a lot to be discussed daily both internally and externally. In this blog, we will explore how we work fully remotely and the main tools we use!
September 15, 2021
The more we know about our customers and their difficulties, the better we can provide value and increase their overall LTV.
January 21, 2022